Wild cards are allowed in the Place, Occupation and
'_' is used for single characters, '*' for several characters
e.g. - jon* will show JONES, JONSON, JONQUIL etc.
- *one* will show any name with 'ONE' somewhere within the name
- _ones will show JONES, BONES et
- *ones will show any names ending in ONES, e.g. JONES, CALHONES, etc
If you are interested in a particular county,
just enter that county and click on "Search.."
You can then narrow it down using a surname or place search.
In Versions 1 and 2 of the SIT you could only enter a Surname and a Comments text.
So any additional information was always in the Comments text.
Any older entries, which haven't been edited to take advantage of the new features
can only be searched on the Surname and Comment fields
So you will probably need to search for any name at least twice, using:
1) just the Surname and/or Comment field,
2) at least one of any of the fields.